Lovedale Long Lunch from Sydney – Saturday 19th May, 2018 and Sunday 20th May 2018
The Lovedale Long Lunch is a MUST for every food and wine enthusiast’s calendar and the 2018 Lovedale Long Lunch progressive food and wine festival is no exception! Indulge your inner foodie with us as we visit 3 of the Lovedale’s most celebrated cellar doors Allandale, Tatler and Sandlyn on Saturday 19th May, 2018 and Sunday 20th May, 2018.
Forget those cramped mega coaches with their queues and crowds! Travel to the Lovedale Long Lunch from Sydney with us and join our fun and friendly guides for a small group experience (max. 20 passengers) in style aboard our luxury minibus with leather seats, DVD player, 8 speaker sound system, individual air-conditioning controls, mini-fridge, onboard iPad and 3 Android/Apple charging ports (front of the bus).
Lovedale Long Lunch from Sydney – Saturday 19th May, 2018 and Sunday 20th May 2018 – Package Details:
- Return transport from Sydney in our luxury 20 seat minibus (leather seats, DVD player, 8 speaker sound system, individual air-conditioning controls, mini-fridge, onboard iPad, 3 Apple/Android charging ports at the front of the bus)
- Saturday or Sunday Lovedale Long Lunch 2018 Festival Ticket (rrp. $124 (Sat) or $79 (Sun) inc. booking fee)
- Visit Allandale Winery, Tatler and Sandalyn with approx. 2 hours at each venue
- Fun and friendly guide and a small group atmosphere to make your Lovedale food and wine adventure extra special.
- Coffee stop en-route
- Festival entry on Saturday or Sunday
- 2x Main meal vouchers (1x Main meal voucher on Sun)
- 1 Dessert/Cheese plate voucher
- 1 Lovedale Long Lunch tasting glass
Saturday 19th May, 2018 – $217 per person – SOLD OUT!
Sunday 20th May, 2018 – $169 per person – SOLD OUT!
Sydney Pickup Locations:
- 7.00am – Sydney Central YHA – Corner of Pitt St and Rawson Place, Haymarket
- 7.25am – Chatswood RSL Club – 446 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood
- 7.35am – Pacific Highway Gordon – 780 Pacific Highway, Gordon – Bus stop outside of the Season Thai Restaurant opposite McDonalds
- 8.50am – Twin Servos M1 Wyong – Coach parking area inside Twin Servos Wyong M1.
Please be ready at each pickup location at least 10 minutes before.
Return Time: Returns to Sydney between 6.30pm and 7.30pm depending on traffic and road conditions
Secure Your Seat for the Lovedale Long Lunch from Sydney –
Saturday 19th May 2018 – SOLD OUT!
Book Now and receive instant confirmation via email!
Sunday 20th May 2018 – Sold Out!
Book Now and receive instant confirmation via email!
Looking for a special group price?
Have a group of 4 people or more for the Lovedale Long Lunch?
If you have a group of 4 people or more we can offer you a group discount price. I’d love to meet your group and have you onboard so please use the form below to ask a question about our Lovedale Long Lunch tickets and transport package or get a quote for a group price. Suzanne can usually reply within 2-3 hours (guaranteed reply within 24 hours). All messages come straight through to the mobile phone!
Or send me an sms on 0403 001154
NB> Message is best as safe driving is always a priority!
Who Is Tastes Of The Hunter Wine Tours?
Tastes Of The Hunter Wine Tours is a young and progressive company with an exciting 21st Century approach to touring. Our fun and friendly, guest focused guides are passionate about what they do (bringing people and local stories together for memorable food and wine experiences) and pride themselves on making your day special and hassle free.
Tastes Of The Hunter Wine Tours is a fully accredited Long Distance Tourist and Coach Charter provider with Transport for NSW (accreditation. no 42290), members of BusNSW, as well as members of the SGLBA and GALTA. Tastes of the Hunter also donates quarterly to the Sydney Prince of Wales Research Foundation as part of our “Come on board for Cancer” research donation initiative.
Check out other tours you can enjoy with Tastes Of The Hunter Wine Tours:
Pickups In The Hunter Valley
Staying in the Hunter Valley? Make your experience complete with a fun and friendly group of fellow food and wine adventurers aboard our Hunter Valley Wine Tour with pickups in Pokolbin, Rothbury, Lovedale, Nulkaba, Broke, Wollombi, Cessnock and Maitland.
Private Hunter Valley Wine Tours
Dreaming of a custom itinerary with a luxury tour bus and friendly driver dedicated exclusively to your group’s needs? Check out our custom Private Hunter Valley Wine Tours
Discover The Lovedale Long Lunch
The Lovedale Long Lunch is an exciting wine and food festival held annually in the Hunter Valley on the third weekend of May. The area boasts lovely boutique accommodation, family-owned wineries, excellent restaurants, and passionate world-class chefs.
At Lovedale, you will enjoy a unique experience at each cellar door. The Lovedale area has warm and friendly people and the Lovedale Long Lunch offers the best opportunity to taste some of the 5-star rated wines produced here. Here is a little background information about the up coming festival that will take place on 19th May to 20th May 2018.
The first Lovedale Long Lunch event was held in 1994. The Lovedale Long Lunch offers a progressive-type of lunch where you can eat, drink and indulge yourself as you move from one winery to another. Now in its 24th year, this event has helped to show case the scenic beauty, warmth, and fine wine produced in this part of the Hunter Valley.
Over the years, seven vineyards and wineries have been participating in this popular tourist attraction and this tradition will continue this year. During this weekend event, you will be able to drink several glasses of wine, eat various types of gourmet food and desserts, and enjoy great live music.
1. Gartelmann Wines makes amazing hand-crafted wines from grapes sourced from the Hunter Valley. Their cellar door is open for you to taste award winning varieties of Semillon and Shiraz. They also produce complex Petit Verdot, delicious Cabernet, aromatic Verdelho, Liqueur Muscat and Chardonnay. You can visit the Deck Cafe to eat a plate of delicious chesse with your glass of wine.
2. Emma’s Cottage Vineyard is a unique winery with cottage accommodation and a fantastic restaurant. This winery specializes in blending different wine varieties to create exceptional brands like the Avalon and Avalon and Sparkles – produced from a combination of Chardonnay and Semillon. At their cellar door, you can taste their Semillon Verdehlo, Rose, Ruby, Shiraz and Pinot Noir.
3. Allandale Winery is a multiple award winning vineyard that grows three classic grape varieties – Chardonnay, Semillon and Pinot Noir. At Allandale Winery, you can enjoy vintage Semillon varieties with zesty lemon citrus and honey on the nose and lively apple, and lemon flavours on the palate. The winery’s location also offers you a spectacular view of the Brokenback Mountain Range.
4. Tatler Wines has a 100-tonne winery that produces some of the finest wines in the Hunter Valley. Owned by professional hoteliers, this winery also offers outstanding Mediterranean food and beverages with superior customer service at the Tapas Cafe.
5. Sandalyn Estate is an extensive estate with vineyards and olive groves. At this winery, you will be able to taste their late harvest Semillon, delicious Chardonnay, Shiraz, Verdelho and Sparkling Cuvee. Sandalyn Wines, a founding member of this event, has an experienced chef that blends the character of the finest Hunter olive oils and wines with fine Mediteranean cusine.
6. Saltire Wines has received a 5-star rating from James Halliday and different wine shows for producing exceptional Semillon, Chardonnay, McLaren Vale Shiraz, Clare Valley Reisling, Merlot and other wine varieties. You will cherish the opportunity to see how the old vineyard has been complimented by a brand new state-of-the-art winery, which makes Saltire stand out amongst other wineries in this area.
7. Wandin Valley Estate is a sprawling 100-acre property with well manicured vines, beautiful wedding venues, well managed accommodation, and a cellar door for tasting delicious hand-crafted wines. Wandin offers luscious Shiraz, complex Chardonnay and crisp Semillon.
Highlights of the 2018 Lovedale Long Lunch
Each of the seven participating wineries is expected to launch some of their latest wines at this event. So be prepared to taste new sparkling wines and a host of vintage and freshly fermented wines. You will have a chance to enter the cellar doors of each winery and enjoy delicious reds, whites and special wine combinations.
Experienced chefs will also provide amazing dishes for you like: slowly cooked lamb shoulders with Binnorie marinated feta and grilled eggplant with a rich and tasty sauce, made from black olive, baby caper and tomatoes. Other menu items that will be on offer include: fried prawns and blue-eyed cod that has been marinated in fresh coriander root and ginger. You should also expect tasty salads made from pickled ginger, spanish onion, celeriac and cabbage.
Tickets & Transport
Tickets for this event usually get sold out quite early, so hurry to buy your tickets now. If you reside in Sydney or its environs, you should join our bus tour and enjoy the additional fun that comes from travelling with other excited wine connoisseurs without having to worry about driving and navigating.
This year’s event promises to be one of the most interesting ever. So contact us now to make your booking for the Lovedale Long Lunch from Sydney.