2021 Private Hunter Valley Wine Tours
Exclusive, bespoke food and wine experiences with a custom private Hunter Valley wine tour reserved just for your group
A private Hunter Valley tour with Tastes Of The Hunter Wine Tours can make any special event even more special with a tailor made custom tour exclusively for your group (perfect for groups of 10-27 people!).
It’s YOUR tour so customize it YOUR way!
With your own private group there are so many more exciting options available.
We can do a day tour for you or even an afternoon or evening tour if you are travelling to the Hunter in the morning.
Private Hunter Valley Wine Tours from Sydney are now available! Check the details below…
Exclusive, private tours in our 13 seat, 20 seat, 24 seat or 27 seat buses which include air conditioning and a sound system for you to plug in your phone and enjoy your own playlist of hits!
With friendly and entertaining guides, interesting local stories, great music and professional, hassle-free organization a private wine tour of the Hunter Valley with Tastes Of The Hunter is the perfect way to make your occasion one to remember!
Choose your pickup location:
Hunter Valley – Pokolbin, Lovedale, Rothbury, Cessnock, Broke, Nulkaba, Dalwood, Elderslie, Singleton and more
Newcastle and Maitland
The Central Coast – including Gorokan, Wyong, Tuggerah, Gosford, Terrigal, The Entrance to Woy Woy
Sydney – Sydney CBD, North Shore, Inner East and Inner West, Parramatta and more
Choose Your Activities:
Craft Beer Tasting
Vodka, Schnapps & Gin
Chocolate & Fudge Tasting
Suggest Your Own Activity!
Choose Your Lunch Option:
Buy/Bring Your Own Lunch
Gourmet Pizzas/Gourmet Burgers/Pastas/Salads
Wholesome pub style
2 or 3 Course Lunch
Suggest Your Own Fav Restaurant!
Private Hunter Valley Tours – Pick Your Itinerary:
Do you have a wine tour in mind?
Are you more of a craft beers, ciders and spirits crowd?
Fancy an afternoon/evening tour rather than a day tour?
Our flexible custom private hunter valley tours are fully customizable. Let the following sample itineraries inspire you to create the perfect day to get your friends talking!
Mixed itinerary featuring wine tasting, craft beers and spirits:
10am – Allandale winery*
11.15am – Ernest Hill wines*
12.30pm – Lunch at Harrigan’s Irish pub/4 Pines at the Farm (Matilda Bay Brewhouse)/Twine Restaurant/Cypress Lakes Bistro/Ironbark Hill brewery/Wandin Valley Kitchen or a local restaurant/cafe of your choice
2pm – Oakvale wines* or 4 Pines at the Farm (Matilda Bay Brewhouse) – craft beer paddles and cocktails available for purchase
3.15pm – Pokolbin Chocolate Company shop and Smelly Cheese shop visit
4pm – Hunter Distillery (dessert vodkas and schnapps tasting) or Kiss of Fire Liqueurs (flavoured spirits and butterscotches) or Small Mouth vodkas (flavoured vodkas with shimmering edible glitter)
4.45pm – Tour finishes and we begin the journey back to your accommodation
Wine focused itinerary where you can maximize your time at cellar doors:
10am – Pokolbin Estate*
11.15am – Tintilla Estate*
12.30pm – Lunch at Twine Restaurant or choose your own fav lunch spot
2pm – Harkham Wines*
3.15pm – Gartelmann wines*
4.30pm – Choc shop visit and Binnorie Dairy visit
5pm – Tour concludes
* Example cellar door only.
Choose your own cellar doors from the list we can book on your behalf or you can book your own custom venues
Craft Beer and Spirits focused itinerary:
10am – Ironbark Hill brewhouse visit – your group can purchase their beverage of choice including craft beer paddles, cider paddles, or wine by the glass
11.30am – Hunter Distillery – flavoured vodka, schnapps and gin
12.30pm – Small Mouth Vodkas – flavoured vodka and gin with shimmering edible glitter
1.15pm – Lunch – Harrigan’s Irish pub (or another lunch venue of your choice)
2.30pm – Pokolbin Cider House visit (available for groups of 13 people or less) or Hope Estate Brewhouse visit
3.30pm – 4 Pines at the Farm (Matilda Bay Brewhouse) visit – your group can purchase their beverage of choice including craft beer paddles, cocktails, or wine by the glass
4.30pm – Tour finishes and we begin the return journey
Private Afternoon/Evening Tour:
1.30pm – Lunch at 4 Pines at the Farm (Matilda Bay Brewhouse) or a local restaurant/cafe of your choice
2.45pm – McLeish Estate*
3.45pm – Second winery or visit to Ironbark Hill brewhouse (craft beer paddles, ciders and wine by the glass available for purchase)
4.15pm – Spirits tasting
5pm – Late cellar door tasting or visit to another brewhouse
6.15pm – Dinner – casual eats at a pub or brewhouse or we can visit a restaurant of your choice
7.30pm – Tour concludes
Custom Private Hunter Valley Wine Tours
Want to modify any of the above starter itineraries?
Want to completely customize your Hunter Valley experience?
Of course we can!
There are so many amazing possibilities for hens parties, birthdays, corporate Hunter Valley tours and more and we want you to enjoy the perfect adventure with venues and activities that will make your special occasion amazing and get your guests talking!
You can choose from the list of venues that we can book for you or you can come to us with your own venue bookings and we’ll get you there!
Or simply ask us what is possible when it comes to modifying our sample itineraries.
“We are the Hunter Valley wine tour specialists. I have personally designed hundreds of custom private tours for our guests. Whether you know what you want or whether this is your first visit to the Hunter and you have no idea what will work best for your group, get in touch and I’ll guide you through the options and make it super easy to put together a fabulous day.” – Suzanne, Owner/Operator
5 Star Reviews of our Hunter Valley Private Tours
Laura M. – Reviewed August 2021
This was a fantastic day of cheese, wine and chocolate tasting with friends. Suzanne and Joe were great and the booking experience was so easy. Suzanne offered suggestions so I could change our private tour itinerary without any issues, which really uplifted the day.
Our driver, Joe, was so much fun and a real gentleman. He was a great tour guide, never rushed and even put up with our awful singing. We visited Tintilla Estate, Small Mouth Vodkas, Oakvale Winery and Wynwood Winery. Suzanne made our lunch reservation at Harrigan’s Irish Pub well in advance, with food allergies taken into account. We loved trying cheese and chocolate along the way too!
I recommend that everyone visiting the Hunter contact Suzanne and the team for wine tours! My friends and I will definitely be in touch again when we’re back and hope to have Joe as our driver again! From Laura and the crew – thank you so much again for an amazing time and much love! We can’t wait to be back!
Meg and Luke – Reviewed July 2021
With three 50th birthdays to celebrate, I did some research and discovered that the Tastes of the Hunter Wine Tours provided more inclusions at a reasonable price. Suzanne was very helpful right from the first enquiry. She offered suggestions to help a group of nine of us to design our tour to include craft beers along with vodka, schnapps and gin distilleries.
It was convenient to be picked up and dropped off at the Crowne Plaza, and we felt lucky that Suzanne was our driver. Her expert knowledge, friendly personality and sense of humour helped us have a fantastic day. She was also very gracious in offering a detour to Cessnock on the way back, to show our friends what’s soon to be our new home.
We can’t endorse Suzanne and Tastes of the Hunter Wine Tours highly enough for such an amazing day! We have take-home goodies and we hope they last, or else we’ll need to book another tour soon!
Jake – Reviewed May 2021
We arranged a tour for 24 people over the weekend and had such a great experience! Suzanne is professional, friendly and very responsive. She was incredibly helpful in finding and booking places, along with tailoring the experience to suit us.
Our driver, Scott, let us play our music and bring our own drinks, which added to the fun. We needed to pick up supplies and he went the extra mile to make a stop in town for us. Scott was awesome!
Given the inclusions and the level of service we received, this tour was certainly value for money. I’ll return to Tastes of the Hunter first, next time I’m looking for a tour in the Hunter!
Where can you visit on our Private Tours of the Hunter Valley?
Cellar Door Wine Tastings
- Choose from the list of cellar doors we can book on your behalf (perfect for first time visitors to the Hunter or groups who are short on time and want everything taken care of) or book your own custom cellar doors – or do a bit of both!
- Keep it economical – almost all cellar doors in the Hunter charge a non-refundable $5pp tasting fee and we can design a tour that keeps within your budget focusing on these tastings.
- Looking for more specialty cellar doors? Have a larger group to cater for? Explore our $10pp cellar door list as well or include cellars from both lists in your tour.
- Really want to make your wine tasting a special experience? Add a platter to your tasting experience including Binnorie Dairy cheeses, estate grown olives, locally cured Hunter meats, fruit pastes and more (available at selected vineyards).
Craft Beer Tasting Paddles
- Visit 4 Pines at the Farm (Matilda Bay Brewhouse) where you can purchase craft beer tasting paddles (pale ales or dark ales, “dirty granny” cider and Fat Yak alcoholic ginger beer) for $17 each
- Or check out Ironbark Hill Brewhouse for $15 craft beer or cider paddles including their famous India Pale Ale, Wheatermelon, Black Forest Stout, Hazelnut Brown Ale and “Rough as nuts”. Have beer drinkers and wine drinkers? Grab a glass (or a wine paddle) of Peter Drayton wines as well
- Lovedale Brewery (Sydney Brewery) bar
- Hope Estate brewhouse
- The Mighty Hunter Valley (formerly Potter’s Brewery)
Is not everyone in your group a beer fan?
Add some real variety and visit:
- Pokolbin Cider House (9 ciders to try including their Dark Grape, Pear Perry, Passionfruit Perry, Sweet Apple, Raspberry & Cranberry and more!)
- Ironbark Hill brewhouse (4 ciders to try including sweet and dry varieties)
Vodka, Schnapps and Gin Tasting
- Visit Hunter Distillery and discover what everyone is talking about with flavoured vodkas, schnapps and gins including their famous Chocolate, Butterfly pea, Apple, Lemon myrtle, Vanilla vodka, Copperwave gin, Mystery gin, Jailhouse Gin, Native gin and more!
- Ready to get really funky and creative? Discover Small Mouth Vodkas for deliciously flavoured vodkas, liqueurs and gin with shimmering edible glitter. Check out the Tastes of the Hunter team favourites including the Chocolate + Hazelnut vodka, Pomegranite liqueur, Pina Colada liqueur and Habanero Storm liqueur just to name a few.
- Some like it hot and some like it sweet … you can do both at Kiss of Fire Liqueurs when you check out their flavoured alcoholic butterscotches
Cheese, Olives and Chocolate Tastings
- Visit Binnorie Dairy, the Smelly Cheese shop, Hunter Belle Cheese shop or the Hunter Olive Centre for delicious marinated fettas, labnas, olives, olive tapenades, spreads and more. Looking for the perfect post-tour Hunter Valley dinner (ie. a cheese platter!)? These delicious local providores have got your group sorted!
- Fall in love with the creamy Belgian couture style chocolates that the Hunter Valley Chocolate shop and the Pokolbin Chocolate Company shop specialise in.
Did someone say desserts?
- Complete your private tour experience with a visit to Sabor Dessert bar where your group can indulge in individual dessert plates, Moscatos, sweet wines, ports, teas and coffees. Group dessert packages are also available ranging from $13pp to $38pp – keep to your budget or indulge your sweet tooth!
Grape Stomping or Aqua Golf
- Get into some traditional fun with a grape stomping competition followed by a wine tasting at Hunter Resort ($35pp)
- Looking for a fun and economical activity? Exercise your golf skills at Hunter Valley Gardens Village with a round of Aquagolf or Putt putt … perfect if you have non-drinkers in your party!
Please note: venues may change their prices and meal options at any time – please check with us prior to your tour
Tasty and Casual, Cafes to Fine Dining Lunches
Control your costs with set priced lunch menus such as:
- Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort Bistro ($20pp)
- Ironbark Hill brewhouse ($25pp shared lunch consisting of gourmet woodfired pizzas, chicken wings and fries)
- 4 Pines at the Farm (Matilda Bay Brewhouse) – $30pp set menu – Aussie meal favourites
- Twine Restaurant ($30pp casual eats menu including a main meal, glass of wine/beer/softdrink and bread)
- Wine House Hunter Valley – grazing boards from $30 each
- Goldfish Bar and Kitchen – tapas share-menu options from $35pp
Want complete flexibility with your own individual meal and the full menu selection at each venue? Check out the following A La Carte options:
- Harrigan’s Irish pub
- 4 Pines at the Farm (Matilda Bay Brewhouse) – A La Carte menu
- Bimbadgen Woodfired pizza
- Wandin Valley Estate Kitchen
- Oscars Restaurant @ Hunter Valley Gardens Village
- Oishii Japanese and Thai @ Roche Estate
- Baume Restaurant @ Ben Ean Pokolbin
- Kawul Restaurant – organic and vegan speciality restaurant
The list of options goes on and on …. ask us about our fine dining options for groups who truly wish to experience the ultimate private wine tour in the Hunter!
How do our private Hunter Valley wine tours work?
- Enquire with us via our contact form below
- We’ll be in touch super fast with customised private tour options based on your group’s interests and budget
- Place your deposit to secure a bus and your chosen tour date exclusively for your group
- Once the remaining balance is paid we’ll book your group in with your chosen venues and come back to you with the final itinerary for your approval
Ready for a Private Hunter Valley Wine Tour exclusively for your group?
We can’t wait to meet you and your group and hear about how we can make your day truly special.
Let us put together a well organized and unique itinerary to wow your guests and make it a Private Hunter Valley Wine Tour occasion to remember.
Please fill out the enquiry form below to find out more and get a customized quote for your group:
Can your group accommodate a Sunday, or mid-week (Mon-Fri) tour? Ask us about our great discount rates!
Have a group of less than 8 guests? Looking for a pre-organised tour with a great, low upfront price? Check out our discount wine tours of the Hunter Valley with pickups in Pokolbin, Lovedale, Rothbury, Cessnock, Broke, Singleton, Maitland and Newcastle.