Private Hunter Valley Wine Tours
Exclusive, bespoke food and wine experiences with customised private Hunter Valley wine tours just for your group
Private tours in our 13-seat, 20-seat or 24-seat buses – are ideal for groups of 8 people or more.
Our fully flexible small group private tours are 100% customisable and personal – we take the time to listen to your group and design a tour to suit your tastes, needs, and budget.
Full-day tours, half-day tours, and afternoon/evening tours are available
Choose a wine-focused itinerary, a craft beer and spirits-focused itinerary, or our most popular option, a mixture of wine, craft beers, and spirits!
We love to visit boutique Hunter Valley wineries where you can discover local people, flavours, and great local produce
Hunter Valley winery tours are perfect for hen’s parties, birthdays, family celebrations, corporate tours, and more!
All our vehicles include air conditioning and a sound system for you to plug in your phone and enjoy your own playlist of hits!
With friendly and entertaining guides, interesting local stories, great music, and professional, hassle-free organization, a private wine tour of the Hunter Valley region with Tastes Of The Hunter is the perfect way to make your occasion one to remember!
Choose your pickup location:
Hunter Valley – Pokolbin, Lovedale, Rothbury, Cessnock, Broke, Nulkaba, Dalwood, Elderslie, Singleton and more
Newcastle and Maitland
The Central Coast – including Gorokan, Wyong, Tuggerah, Gosford, Terrigal, The Entrance to Woy Woy
Choose Your Activities:
Craft Beer Tasting
Vodka, Schnapps & Gin
Fudge & Chocolate Tasting
Suggest Your Own Activity!
Choose Your Lunch Option:
Buy/Bring Your Own Lunch
Gourmet Pizzas/Gourmet Burgers/Pastas/Salads
Wholesome pub style
2 or 3 Course Lunch
Suggest Your Own Fav Restaurant!
Ready for a Private Hunter Valley Wine Tour exclusively for your group?
We can’t wait to meet you and your group and hear about how we can make your day truly special.
Let us put together a well-organized and unique itinerary to wow your guests and make it a private Hunter Valley wine tour experience to remember.
Please fill out the inquiry form below to find out more and get a customized quote for your group:
Can your group accommodate a Sunday or mid-week (Mon-Fri) tour?
Ask us about our great discount rates!
“We are the Hunter Valley wine tour specialists. I have personally designed hundreds of custom private Hunter Valley wine tours for our guests. Whether you know what you want or whether this is your first visit to the Hunter and you have no idea what will work best for your group, get in touch, and I’ll guide you through the options and make it super easy to put together a fabulous day.” – Suzanne, Owner/Operator
5 Star Reviews of our Hunter Valley Private Tours
This was a fantastic day. Suzanne and Joe were great, and the booking experience was so easy. Suzanne offered suggestions so I could change our private tour itinerary without any issues, which really uplifted the day.
Our driver, Joe, was so much fun and a real gentleman. He was a great tour guide, never rushed, and even put up with our awful singing.
I recommend that everyone visiting the Hunter contact Suzanne and the team for a private wine tour! My friends and I will definitely be in touch again when we’re back, and hope to have Joe as our driver again! From Laura and the crew – thank you so much again for an amazing time, and much love! We can’t wait to be back!
I just wanted to say a really big thank you for your wonderful, personalised service in organising our wine tour today for my daughter’s hen’s weekend. We have had the best day in the capable hands of Grant ( aka G-dog! aka Sugar Daddy!).
Your prompt and genuine communication was greatly appreciated, and we will all be spreading the word about your awesome business. Next daughter to have a hen’s, we’ll be giving you a call!
We arranged a tour for 24 people over the weekend and had such a great experience! Suzanne is professional, friendly, and very responsive. She was incredibly helpful in finding and booking places, along with tailoring the experience to suit us.
Our driver let us play our music and bring our own drinks, which added to the fun. We needed to pick up supplies, and he went the extra mile to make a stop in town for us. Scott was awesome!
Given the inclusions and the level of service we received, this tour was certainly value for money. I’ll return to Tastes of the Hunter first; next time, I’m looking for a tour in the Hunter!
Where can you visit on our Private Wine Tours of the Hunter Valley?
Cellar Door Wine Tastings
- Choose from the list of cellar doors we can book on your behalf (perfect for first time visitors to the Hunter or groups who are short on time and want everything taken care of) or book your own custom cellar doors – or do a bit of both!
- Keep it economical – almost all cellar doors in the Hunter charge a non-refundable $5pp tasting fee and we can design a tour that keeps within your budget focusing on these tastings.
- Looking for more specialty cellar doors? Have a larger group to cater to? Explore our $10pp cellar door list, or include cellars from both lists in your tour.
- Really want to make your wine tasting a special experience? Add a platter to your tasting experience including Binnorie Dairy cheeses, estate grown olives, locally cured Hunter meats, fruit pastes and more (available at selected vineyards).
Craft Beer Tasting Paddles
- Visit 4 Pines at the Farm Brewhouse where you can purchase craft beer tasting paddles (pale ales or dark ales, cider, Brookvale Union Selzers, Ginger Beer) for around $20 each
- Or check out Ironbark Hill Brewhouse for $18 craft beer or cider paddles including their famous India Pale Ale, Wheatermelon, Black Forest Stout, Hazelnut Brown Ale and “Rough as nuts”. Have beer drinkers and wine drinkers? Grab a glass (or a wine paddle) of Peter Drayton wines as well
- Huntlee Tavern
- Hope Estate brewhouse
- The Valley Brewhouse (formerly The Mighty)
Is not everyone in your group a beer fan?
Add some real variety and visit:
- Pokolbin Cider House (9 ciders to try including their Dark Grape, Pear Perry, Passionfruit Perry, Sweet Apple, Raspberry & Cranberry and more!)
- Ironbark Hill brewhouse (4 ciders to try including sweet and dry varieties)
Vodka, Schnapps and Gin Tasting
- Visit Hunter Distillery and discover what everyone is talking about with flavoured vodkas, schnapps and gins including their famous Chocolate, Butterfly pea, Apple, Lemon myrtle, Vanilla vodka, Copperwave gin, Mystery gin, Jailhouse Gin, Native gin and more!
- Ready to get really funky and creative? Discover Small Mouth Vodkas for deliciously flavoured vodkas, liqueurs and gin with shimmering edible glitter. Check out the Tastes of the Hunter team favourites including the Chocolate + Hazelnut vodka, Pomegranite liqueur, Pina Colada liqueur and Habanero Storm liqueur just to name a few.
- Some like it hot and some like it sweet … you can do both at Kiss of Fire Liqueurs when you check out their flavoured alcoholic butterscotches
Chocolate, Olives, and Cheese Tasting
- Visit Binnorie Dairy, the Smelly Cheese shop, Hunter Belle Cheese shop, or the Hunter Olive Centre for delicious marinated fettas, labnas, olives, olive tapenades, spreads, and more. Looking for the perfect post-tour Hunter Valley dinner (i.e., a cheese platter!)? These delicious local providores have got your group sorted!
- Fall in love with the creamy Belgian couture-style chocolates that the Hunter Valley Chocolate Company and the Pokolbin Chocolate Company shop specialise in.
Did someone say desserts?
- Complete your private tour experience with a visit to Sabor Dessert bar, where your group can indulge in individual dessert plates, Moscatos, sweet wines, ports, teas, and coffees. Group dessert packages are also available ranging from $13pp to $38pp – keep to your budget or indulge your sweet tooth!
Grape Stomping or Aqua Golf
- Get into some traditional fun with a grape stomping competition followed by a wine tasting at Hunter Resort ($60pp)
- Looking for a fun and economical activity? Exercise your golf skills at Hunter Valley Gardens Village with a round of Aquagolf or Putt putt … perfect if you have non-drinkers in your party!
Please note: venues may change their prices and meal options at any time – please check with us prior to your tour
Tasty and Casual, Cafes to Fine Dining Lunches
Control your costs with set-priced lunch menus such as:
- Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort Bistro ($25pp)
- Ironbark Hill brewhouse ($35pp shared lunch consisting of gourmet woodfired pizzas, chicken wings, and fries)
- 4 Pines at the Farm Brewhouse – $30pp set menu – Aussie meal favourites
- Wine House Hunter Valley – grazing boards from $40 each
- Osteria Cafe at Briar Ridge wines – meat, cheese, and charcuterie grazing boards available with wine by the glass
- Goldfish Bar and Kitchen – tapas share-menu options from $60pp
Do you want complete flexibility with your own meal and the venue’s full menu selection? Check out the following A La Carte options:
- Harrigan’s Irish pub
- 4 Pines at the Farm Brewhouse – A La Carte menu
- The Valley Brewhouse (formerly The Mighty)
- Bimbadgen Woodfired pizza
- The Deck Cafe @ Gartelmann premium wines
- Oishii Japanese and Thai @ Roche Estate
- Baume Restaurant @ Ben Ean Pokolbin
- Kawul Restaurant – organic and vegan speciality restaurant
The list of options goes on and on. Ask us about our fine dining options for groups who truly wish to experience the ultimate private Hunter Valley wine tour!
How does a Hunter Valley private wine tour work?
- Enquire with us via our contact form
- We’ll be in touch super fast with customised private wine tasting tours options based on your group’s interests and budget
- Place your deposit to secure a bus and your chosen tour date exclusively for your group
- Once the remaining balance is paid, we’ll book your group in with your chosen venues and come back to you with the final itinerary for your approval
Have a group of fewer than 8 guests? Looking for pre-organised private Hunter Valley wine tours with a great, low upfront price? Check out our discount-shared bus wine tours of the Hunter Valley with pickups in Pokolbin, Lovedale, Rothbury, Cessnock, Broke, Singleton, Maitland and Newcastle.